Pity us, ah pity us, we wakeful.
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:49 pm
Kudos for those who can source the quote.
Tomorrow, I shall suffer sleep deprivation. At approximately 11.30 pm, my time, the Suprbowl will kick off. I shall sit up into the small hours, despite the fact that I will be expected in the office at 8 am the next morning.
Why? Because the New Orleans Saints are playing.
This has nothng to do with Katrina.
I have never been within three thousand miles of America (I don't suppose I ever will); but New Orleans will always have a place in my heart. There are three reasons for this -
1) Louis Armstrong
2) Louis Armstrong
3) Louis Armstrong
American Football was first aired over here back in 1982, and I watched it idly. Then the Saints featured in the Game of the Week at the end of the 1983 season and they blew their chance of recording their first winning season EVER - and I KNEW this was the team for me.
For complicated reasons (TV scheduling, mainly) American Football has declined in popularity over here - but I still keep half an eye on how the Saints are doing. Badly, usually.
But this year.......
WHO DAT?
Tomorrow, I shall suffer sleep deprivation. At approximately 11.30 pm, my time, the Suprbowl will kick off. I shall sit up into the small hours, despite the fact that I will be expected in the office at 8 am the next morning.
Why? Because the New Orleans Saints are playing.
This has nothng to do with Katrina.
I have never been within three thousand miles of America (I don't suppose I ever will); but New Orleans will always have a place in my heart. There are three reasons for this -
1) Louis Armstrong
2) Louis Armstrong
3) Louis Armstrong
American Football was first aired over here back in 1982, and I watched it idly. Then the Saints featured in the Game of the Week at the end of the 1983 season and they blew their chance of recording their first winning season EVER - and I KNEW this was the team for me.
For complicated reasons (TV scheduling, mainly) American Football has declined in popularity over here - but I still keep half an eye on how the Saints are doing. Badly, usually.
But this year.......
WHO DAT?